About Safe Work Practice
Founded in 1996 by Tracy Secombe and Mary Hill, Safe Work Practice has been an expert in the occupational health industry for over 2 decades. Now directed by Lisa Harman, Safe Work Practice continues to uphold its expert reputation with its ‘hands on’ approach to meeting, listening and providing solutions to clients both Nationally and in Japan.
Safe Work Practices is also involved with local universities in developing medical devices to improve our industry (such as innovative hoist slings and mobility aides); and are paving the way to major WHS Legislation changes at an international level.
At Safe Work Practice, our main objective is to EMPOWER people to utilise natural movement patterns to either maintain their independence, reduce their risk of manual handling injury or to teach others about injury prevention….. Reinventing the wheel will always be a changing process, but if you understand the WHY and HOW the biomechanics of the human body can be used to your advantage, this will never outdate!
We have a medium sized team of very specialised physiotherapists and occupational therapists who have completed a wealth of additional training such as manutention education, Certificate 4 in Training and Assessment, home modification, wheelchair seating modification, equipment modification and prescription – just to name a few! We have therapists based in both South Australia and Victoria, however we do service clients Nationally and have alliances with other providers in other states.
What do we do?
We specialise in providing quality education – “manual handling training” and “train the trainer” with regards to ‘Hazardous Manual Tasks Training’. We believe that a HANDS ON approach is the best way to empower workers to perform their job well. In fact a worker on average will remember only 30% of what they hear, see and read.
Working under many WHS models, we also develop and review job dictionaries, undertake functional capacity assessments/ pre employment assessments and develop safe work instructions.
We are a registered NDIS provider to provide therapeutic supports, home modifications and fitness services to persons funded under this framework. Previously working under state framework, our expert team have a wealth of knowledge in working with clients and their caregivers to achieve their functional goals and independence.
Safe Work Practice workers are also trained in all aspects of ACFI and do offer both long term and locum physiotherapy and occupational therapy services.
How are we different to other providers?
- We provide a very high level of quality education and as such we are one of the only CERTIFIED organisations Nationally who have our programs endorsed by our industry body (Australian Nursing and Midwifery Association). As such, we can issue points towards AHPRA registration requirements and offer complimentary certificates for all of our education programs.
- We provide complimentary follow up phone and email support for all organisations who undertake our training in addition to all participants who undertake our train the trainer programs.
- We have specialised therapists for different areas of our business. We can’t be great at everything – so why would we compromise on quality? We have 5 very experienced manutention trained physiotherapist or occupational therapist educators. We have 6 ACFI trained physiotherapist and occupational therapists. We have 8 NDIS trained physiotherapist and occupational therapists. We lastly have 4 very experienced industrial physiotherapists that provide our WHS and return to work services.
- We offer complimentary face-to-face meetings to all of our clients prior to commencing services. Whether you are a large organisation wanting to organise some training or an NDIS client wanting some information on how we can assist, the offer is available to you where we are available.
- We tailor ALL of our training and education packages, our functional capacity assessments, our job dictionaries and our handouts to the needs of your organisation.
- We have filmed our training content to compliment our training packages, these are available on many online platforms that can integrate into your Learning Management System.
- We undergo both mandatory and optional annual certification audits in multiple industry bodies to maintain our accreditation and ensure that our service is of the highest quality. (NDIS Commission and Aged Care Quality Commission)
- We are a MOBILE allied health provider. We come to you. This is especially important if you are an organisation wishing to create relevant staff training or a client who has difficulty accessing the community.